- About Us
- Awards & Guidance
- Fir Tree Community Growers
- Free carbon toolkits
Jenny Griggs has over 12 years experience of running training in community food growing and market gardening. She is also a Plunnkett Approved mentor.
At present Fir Tree Community Growers are only running commissioned courses although there may be potential to join an existing course. Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org If you are an organisation that wants to commission a course the cost is £160 a day for a maximum of 15 participants (includes preparation and handouts) plus travel expenses.
- Seed sowing workshops
- 2 hour tasters in vegetable growing, herb planting or wildlife gardening
- Kid sessions - crafts, gardening and bug hunts
- Vegetable growing intensive (either one or two days)
- Train the trainers (for mentors who want to help others to grow food)
- Market gardening - currently have a four day intensive course developed in conjunction with the Land Army
- Machinery skills for small-scale farming
Free Open Days
- Prospective customers of Fir Tree Community Growers Cropshare (Rainford, Ormkirk, Walton Liverpool) Sunday June 10th at 2pm
- Open day to anyone Sunday 5th August at 2pm
Partnership with Rice Lane City Farm
We are working in partnership with Rice Lane City Farm, thanks to an agreement with the grant administrator of Big Lottery Local Food. This is to enable us to have a wider outreach function and assist us towards our financial self-sustainability aims.
The Big Lunch Sunday June 3rd to advertise the new Food Hub we are setting up selling vegetables, SUMA wholefoods and artisan bread.